A correct, undisturbed, very sound and appealing example of a late S1, benefiting from power steering. The car was with one owner from 1969 to 2015, much of that time unused, which, in conjunction with various paperwork in the carâ€™s file, and the condition & correctness of the car, leads us to believe that the mileage showing of just over 100,000 is almost certainly genuine. Finished in delightful Velvet Green, so dark that in certain light conditions it almost looks black; with original beige leather interior in excellent condition, still soft & supple, with no rips or tears. The woodwork is appealingly original, and the chrome is all in good order too. Complete with a virtually unused, original toolkit. Not a pristine car, but if you appreciate originality and the importance of structural solidity, together with lovely, mature yet smart cosmetics, with patina & character, this will very likely be of interest to you. The chassis, underside generally and the body are all totally sound and never welded, which is rare these days and so important. Well maintained, as evidenced by recent invoices on file, the car drives particularly nicely, with a quiet, smooth engine, offered serviced, prepared and ready to use & enjoy. Nice, short registration number as well!
Chassis No. B49FD Reg. No.VXK 10
Snippets: Veterinary Chemists & Trawlers
After having been used as a demonstrator by Car Mart Ltd the car, when it was a year old was bought by Mr Davey of Chapman & Frearson Ltd, Grimsby. This firm of Veterinary Chemists cab trace their origins back to two separate entities â€“ Chapman & Son who in 1902 were cattle oil manufacturers and to Cyril Douglas Frearson (Chemist). The companyâ€™s patents included Bovinyl, Bescondi (1926) and Haystat; their premises in Grimsby had originally been built as fishing premises by Baron Sir Alec Black (1872/1942) (a fishing trawler owner) during WWI this location was used as a national shell company. From 1961 to 1965 B49FD was owned by Arthur Claude Mitchell of Mitchell Bros, Lowestoft, this company had several strings to their bow including those of auctioneer, fish sellers and trawler owners/manager â€“ the vessels included the Lizzie West which was built in 1930 as a steam trawler, she was used during WWII as a patrol vessel and acquired in 1946 by Mitchells, Lizzie West was the last steam-driven trawler in Lowestoft and retired from active service in 1961! In 1965 B49FD is shown as being with T. P. Tozer of Hinton Parva in Swindon and in 1969 with Ronald Diebelius of East Ham prior to being acquired by Patricia & Clive Stenning who owned B49FD from 1969 until 2015.